Tuesday, August 7, 2007

The many faces of pain...

It sometimes amazes me when I think about how many ways the human body is able to manifest pain. Like animals, our bodies are able to warn us when something is physcally wrong by sending pain messages to our brains. This makes absoulte sense to me because it is life preserving, and therefore necessary for survival. The pain that I am not quite as sure about, and the one that is definitely much harder to bear, is spiritual or emotional pain. Maybe because I spend so much of my life in that physical sense of pain, it makes me less tolerant of the other kind of pain. The throb and burning of my illness is much easier to handle than the metaphorical tearing of my spirit.

Sometimes, I think that it would be easier if I could just hide out as one of my housecats!

Be well!
Debra

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails