Monday, July 21, 2008

Celebrate the Only You Who Will Ever be You

There is an indisputable fact about human beings.  We are all unique.  Each one of us is as individual as our thumbprints, as varied as the crystalized pattern of a fallen snowflake.   No two of us are exactly alike.  There never has been, nor will there ever be, another you.
I see this illustrated on a daily basis, amongst my four angel daughters.  All of them were born as a result of the exact same mingling of DNA.  They are the only four people on this planet who were created as a result of my husband's and my love for one another.(And like I sometimes like to tell them, they are the only four people who have ever lived inside of my body!)  Yet, each one of them is so varied.  So extraordinary.  So unique.

I noticed this today as I was going through some photos that I took yesterday of my two youngest angels.  They are undeniably sisters, yet they are also quite different from one another.  While my youngest angel is dark haired and green-eyed, my third angel is fair haired and blue-eyed.  AD4 is boisterous and often outwardly silly, but AD3 who can also be very silly, is more reserved and introspective.  Each one has her own personal style, which is quite contrary to what some people believed would happen as a result of my dressing all four of them alike until my oldest was eleven years old.  All four of them carry the unique distinction of being mine and Mark's daughters, yet once you know them, you will quickly notice the differences which are a result of being one of a kind.
As I sat here thinking about this for a while, my heart began to swell with the satisfaction of knowing that this uniqueness which we each behold is no accident.  Regardless of familial bond, regardless of how many siblings or relatives each one of us has, we were all sent here to share our very distinct gifts with one another.  What you have to offer the world is transcendent and unequaled by what anybody else has to offer.  Your gifts can never be exactly matched in anyone else.  And although we may share a common kinship with one another, no two of us will ever be exactly the same.

What I am saying is that you are extraordinary


14 comments:

Irene Latham said...

"Be the best you you can be." Deb, you are extraordinary too. Love this post. xxoo

Catherine Holman said...

I love the way you write! Your words are beautifully chosen and the photos are as lovely as your daughters!
Hugs,
Cathie

Alison said...

I love celebrating the uniqueness of each individual!! your girls are gorgeous!! as are you!!

I have something for you...come over and see!!

joanne said...

What a beautiful post. Your daughters are lovely...how could they possibly be otherwise? Thanks for the reminder ;)

Blue said...

sometimes when i look around and see people, even people who probably don't often get told this very often, i just can't help but think that everyone is beautiful. i've decided these moments are just tiny glimpses of charity...that i'm starting to see everyone the way God sees us. it's a nice feeling. and you're right...people are extraordinary! even the grumpus's.

tj said...

..."What I am saying is that you are extraordinary." Ditto there Angel Deb! ;o)

...Blessings...

Ness said...

I think your ADs are so blessed to have a mother like you. You are truly unique and special and my life is made better by just having you in it.

KJ and Michael are 18 months and 18 days apart and after awhile, I kept getting asked if they were twins. I dressed them alike, especially when we were going to be at a public place so I could spot them in an instant should they stray 12 inches from my side, which didn't happen very often. On holidays all 3 were dressed in matching outfits. They are some of my most treasured memories. So happy you post on the ADs...I live vicariously through them.

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

I think I need to read that last line a lot. After today's blog, I sure don't feel extraordinary.

Hallie

Anonymous said...

Deb,
Thank you for always touching my heart with the beautiful way you share your life with the "www". You have a wonderful, grounded and rather etheric way of expressing yourself that just makes my soul curl up and listen. And to be both grounded and etheric at the same time...now that IS extraordinary! And..and you, your ADs and your husband are indeed that: beautifully unique.

I'm glad to be sharing this time on the planet with you and yours...
love,
Cheryl

Anonymous said...

and okay what I am saying is that you are my hero, Deb!!

you always write the most inspiring things. thank God for you. He has given you a gift with words.

and your angels are pure beauty and sunshine.

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Hope you're happy - you are the reason I started shopping and looked what happened!!

Hallie :)

Preity Angel... said...

Debbie, its very touching post dear.. I think I have to learn something from you... so I will be better.

see you later hon

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Coming by for a great big hug for a lovely lady & inspiring mom!

xoxo

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

Blessed and Loved YOU!!!!
I am praying for more in your life.

Related Posts with Thumbnails