Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I Strive to Someday be as Good as my Dog Believes I am

For no particular reason, I decided it was time to share these four-legged angels with you.  I can do that since it is the eve of my 46th year on this earth.  I like to grant myself special permission to do frivolous things on my birthday.  It makes me happy.  And what else is there, if we can't make ourselves happy once in a while.  The handsome, burly gentleman above is Duke.  He lives next door to our beach house.  He loves to escape the confines of his yard to come over and say hello to our dog, Becca.  I'm pretty sure they have a secret crush on each other.
This little lady is my sister, Lulu.  She is a Wire-Haired Dauchsund who belongs to my Dad and my Step-Mother.  I know for a fact that she is the favorite daughter.  Hmmph...Daddy's little girl!
The Newest addition to our family is my baby brother, Rambo.  A crazy shitzu who also belongs to my Dad.  The reason his name is Rambo is because he runs around the room ramming his ten pound body into anything or anyone he pleases.  Sure, he looks innocent enough here...
And last, but never least, is my sweet girl, Becca.  She is some sort of mix which may or may not include Dalmation and Lab.  Whatever she happens to be, she is almost always the heartbeat which lays at my feet.  
As my angel daughters grow up, Becca and I become more and more attached to one another. We understand each other.  I understand that she wants a bite of everything I eat and she understands that she must kiss me when I am feeling sad.  It's a very symbiotic relationship.

May you give yourself permission to indulge in something entirely frivolous.  I bet it will make you smile, and you look so lovely with a smile on your face!

15 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Leave it to you and a bunch of pup pics to make me smile. Love them all but Becca's face is the best. She looks so contended and serene. Bet she's pretty darn happy to have you as HER human.

Hallie

Anonymous said...

What adorable puppies they all are!! Becca is a sweetie pie! Here's wishing you a wonderful 46th birthday surrounded by all the people who love you and your puppies too!

Catherine Holman said...

Happy Birthday! You're so young and your family is just adorable.
Hugs,
Cathie

joanne said...

Sweet, sweet Becca. What ever would we do without our pups?? I swear I will never be loved by any one the way my pup loves me. It's pure, it's simple, and I can't imagine my life without her ;) Enjoy your birthday Deb. You and your family are in my thoughts today (tomorrow) as you celebrate 46!!

Anonymous said...

happy happy happy birthday! i love you :D

*me

Bogart said...

I miss having a dog...heck, I miss my Lab.

Can't wait to get another one.

Bogart said...

Oh yea, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

From one SoCal to another...

Ness said...

Happy Birthday dear Deb!

Nothing touches my heart more than dog pics and it looks like you have a phenomenal mix of doggielove! Doggie kisses are sweeter than wine and have gotten me through many tough moments.

I hope you sing and dance and soak up this birthday with every fiber of your being. Love, Ness

Anonymous said...

Deb, Your dogs are adorable! Becca is so sweet! My Rockne would love to play with her! I remember when I was young and the nuns told us animals had no souls. I thought they were silly then and even sillier now as Rockne is definitely a soulmate of mine! Wishing you a Blessed Birthday filled with love and wonder, Kathy

Laura ~Peach~ said...

Happy Birthday eve and I love the pictures but that becca is just beautiful ...
hugs Laura

tj said...

...Good Morning Debra! I think Duke and Becca make a cute couple! Miss Becca sure looks like a sweetie... We have three dogs now and I sadly say that none of them have my heart. Each one of them were "had to be rescued now or die" so it wasn't a situation where I chose a dog and I miss that connection...

...And belated "Happy Birthday!"... I hope it was a happy one filled with the love of God, family and friends and of course lots o' cake! ;o) And I raise my coffee cup (wishing it was a wine glass) to you for many, many, many more birthdays! :oD

...Blessings my friend...

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! You do deserve any frivolous indulgence, you do, you do!!!! I hope the day was magical and beautiful in every way.

I love these smiling pups! Each and every one is adorable!

xoxo

Melissa

Alison said...

I love them...Becca looks so sweet, how old is she?? I, also have a four legged shadow..he even follows me into the bathroom!!!

Happy Birthday!!

Irene Latham said...

Oh there is nothing quite so pure as dog love. They don't even notice our faults, do they? Just love love love. So glad you have these critters in your life! And hope you had a wonderful wonderful birthday! I am so glad you were born. xxoo

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

yes for frivolities once in a while!
LOL ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails