Thursday, April 23, 2009

Little Miss Fierce

This past weekend, Mark, myself and our four Angel Daughters were here.  At the Wynn Hotel.  In Las Vegas, Nevada, a city I used to love, but which now just causes my brain to ache.  When our girls were little, Mark and I used to visit Las Vegas as a get-away.  I used to enjoy competing in Black-Jack tournaments and Mark, who does not gamble at all, would use the time to relax while catching up on business.  At night, we would go out to dinner and catch a show or spend time with our good friends who moved out to Nevada about ten years ago.  These days, a lot of national cheer and dance competitions are held in Las Vegas, which is what brought us out there this past weekend.
I love the way that my Angel Daughters support one another.  I think it is wonderful to have your own built-in cheering section that will always be there to strengthen your morale.  So, when we weren't relaxing in our room or visiting with our friends, we were at the convention center cheering Angel Daughter Number Four on!
Angel Daughter Number Four is the captain of her Hip-Hop team.  She is the little one who is front and center.  And although AD4 is small in stature:
She is a fierce little dancer!  When she hits the stage, you can almost see the adrenaline begin coursing throughout her veins as she takes on the personality of the music.
And although Hip-Hop is her style of choice right now, she can just as easily become a graceful ballerina with a simple song change.  Movement and dance live inside of her soul and I am so grateful that she follows the call.

We had a great time on our little family adventure.  We even got the opportunity to see Le Reve which is an amazing Cirque Du Soleil production.  It was truly one of my favorites.  Absolutely breathtaking.  If you ever get the chance to see any of The Cirque productions, you must.  The things that these individuals can do with their bodies is beyond almost anything you can imagine.  

Angel Daughter Number Four's team won first place out of seven teams!  Their performance was crisp, energetic and fabulous!  They had a great season winning first place, plus overall Grand Champions out of the entire competition in their last three competitions.  I am so proud of my girls.  When driven to do something that they love, they do so with all of their hearts.  To me, there is nothing like watching my daughters living a life that they love.  I want their lives to always feel full and purpose-driven.  I want to watch them as they continue to sprout new feathers on their wings and as they share their gifts with the world.  These are some of the things which fill my soul.  These are the moments when my own feathers feel the fullest.

17 comments:

Catherine Holman said...

Big congrats to Angel Daughter #4!
Hugs,
Cathie

Laura ~Peach~ said...

CONGRATULATIONS ad 4 my daughter would so love to be on that team but they dont have them here... keep up the fantastic work!

Lo said...

What a great time for all of you. And congrats to teh team! Yesss!

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

Wow - you can actually see from the photos that she's a great dancer! The expression!!!

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Great pics. Love the intensity of her facial expressions!

Hallie

Peggy Payne said...

Wonderful post! I'm blogging about it tomorrow. And I agree with Maria-Therese that the stills manage to show how good a dancer she is.

Ness said...

What expressive pics of AD4. Congrats to her and her team for their hard work. And good for you, too, Mom as she got her tenaciousness from you on setting her mind to do a job well done.

Kathleen Botsford said...

How Fabulous Deb! Congratulations to your entire family! Even though it is the hard work of your youngest daughter taking front and center, it takes a families love and support to enable those wings to spread as wide as they can! Love this!!!

delighted heart said...

Congratulations to your daughter and her team! You got some great shots too! Brings back memories of mine doing the same thing! Of course we were in Dallas not as exciting as Las Vegas! Good job for all ya'll's support...she will really appreciate it one day!

Joan said...

What an exciting win for your daughter! Congrats to her and you, too!

Irene Latham said...

I love that word "fierce." Dance is such an amazing art form... making poetry with the body. And I am with you about the LV brain hurt... I'd totally go again for my kid's event, but otherwise, no thanks. :)

Jennifer Chronicles (jenx67.com) said...

You have every reason to be busting wtih pride. She is brilliant.

Peggy Payne said...

Took me a day longer than I expected, but I did get a post up on Little Miss Fierce. That is one bold and talented young woman.

Bogart said...

Congrats...and be careful.

I just know those boys are getting in line!

Preity Angel... said...

Good to hear that you had a good time Debra... congrats to the team.

rivergardenstudio said...

Your daughter is energy itself... how great to have such a dance team! Roxanne

Unknown said...

i wish i could dance and would have loved watching the competition.

Related Posts with Thumbnails