Sunday, November 16, 2008

Homecoming Dance 2008

Last weekend, our youngest Angels attended the Homecoming Dance.  Together they primped and prettied themselves as they prepared for the evenings festivities.  As a large group of high schoolers descended upon our home for photos, we watched as these teens giggled and posed for one of those snapshot moments of their lives.  
Angel Daughter Number Three is a bit more reserved and has a very classic style when it comes to fashion.  She rarely wears make-up, but she basques in the uniqueness of her own special beauty.  My mother, her grandma, often equates the way that she carries herself to Audrey Hepburn.  AD3 is quite athletic and really enjoys being part of a team(dad's genes), but she is also just as happy being by herself(mom's genes).  She is funny, very smart and quite creative
AD3 and AD4 are the closest in age of my four angels.  They are just twenty-two months apart.  Growing up, they struggled a bit, to establish their own unique positions in the family.  Now that they are both teenagers I have noticed that the dynamics are changing.  Being that they are the only two angels living at home full-time, they have learned to rely on one another for companionship.  It is interesting observing how their relationship has evolved since their older sisters have left for college.  
Angel Daughter Number One stopped by to see her little sisters off.  We were hoping that Angel Daughter Number Two could come by also, but she was off motor-biking(Oy) with her boyfriend, Joshua and his family.  My girls sometimes get tired of my fascination with the camera and so they start doing some very special poses for me.  They do make me laugh!
My Angel Husband was very proud of his daughters, as always.  They adore him with all of their hearts.  It is very sweet to see how they idolize him and how he dotes on them.  He is a very lucky man.  They are very lucky girls.

I am one very, very lucky woman.

10 comments:

Karen Deborah said...

luck has nothing to do with it. you are all beautiful and full of life!

Catherine Holman said...

You are definitely a lucky woman. What beautiful young ladies they are! Enjoy these special moments because time passes by so quickly.
Hugs,
Cathie

Anonymous said...

i love you mom

*me

Laura ~Peach~ said...

beautiful young ladies and such a wonderful relationship you all have ! Love the pics...and the comment above says it all!

Debbie said...

Wow. What great photos. I love their dresses and they way they coordinated but each let their unique style show. How fun.

Bogart said...

Is the shotgun sitting behind your husband? I think I see it poking out behind the fence.

Jenn-n-n said...

You have a beautiful family Debra!!!

Lorrie Veasey said...

Yes you are! You just won the giveaway at my blog! When you email me with your address tell me how you got these great colors & sizes in your words-I lerves them.

Ness said...

Beatiful pictures of a truly beautiful family both inside and out.

Jennifer Chronicles (jenx67.com) said...

That pictures of your daughters in the shadow with the ocean in the background is one of my favorite you've ever posted. They are beautiful - and I can see the personalities you've described in the photos. Pictures can be so revealing. Your daughters look like you - especially 1 and 3!!!! And hubby is so handsome! Thanks for sharing the homecoming memories. Those dresses rock by the way.

Related Posts with Thumbnails