Saturday, November 1, 2008

Seeing and Believing

(Click on any picture to enlarge.)

My dear husband was sitting outside today reading a book about Ansel Adams, one of the greatest photographers of our times.  I was sitting inside when he told me that I needed to come outside with my camera, so I knew that something interesting was taking place.  He wanted to show me how the clouds were being separated by a burst of sunshine.  He liked the way the separation differentiated between the light clouds and the dark ones.  It was not until I went back later on to review my photos, that I understood how spectacular these moments in time would be.
I shot several photos, trying to capture the beauty of the moment as best I could.  Of course, things do not always turn out how we expect them to once we look at the finished product, but I loved the way that the horizon shined with so much natural beauty in the afternoon sun.
And then I noticed the face.  It's there in the clouds on the right side of the photo,  just to the right of the blue sky.  If I was more computer adept, I would be able to point it out with a little arrow, but since I'm not, I can only tell you where to look for it.  The face is present in all three pictures, as well as in a bunch of other ones that I shot, but it was only apparent to me when I went back to review these photos.  My subconscious mind is what first latched on to it, as I was scrolling away from one picture and moving on to the next when something made me stop to go back.  Something inside of my mind said, "There's a face in that picture."  Funny how we can sometimes have a thought before we even realize that we are taking action on that thought.  As I scrolled back, I handed the computer to my husband to ask him if he noticed a face anywhere in the photo.  He pointed to it immediately.  Now, do not feel bad if you do not see it right away because I had to direct Angel Daughter Number Four before she could locate it.  Once she saw it, she was amazed.  

I am not professing in any way, what that little face in the clouds happens to symbolize.  I cannot even begin to speculate the reasons why Mark chose that particular moment to gaze up at the sky, nor why I arrived outside at the precise moment that I did and began shooting pictures.  I can only say that the face was there.  I can only say that it made me feel more peaceful inside once I discovered it.  It renewed my faith.  It replenished my hope.  It made me look towards the heavens and proclaim YES.

Here's to wishing that you are able to find your own face in the clouds at a moment when you might least expect it.  Sometimes when we look past what we think we see, we are lucky enough to discover what we truly needed to find.

20 comments:

Blue said...

what a wonderful experience! and how fun to be sharing it with people you love. ♥

Anonymous said...

i see her! she looks like she's winking

*aleah

kim-d said...

Okay, call me crazy, but...

In the last photo, I see TWO faces. In profile, side-by-side, the one on the left slightly lower than the one on the right (this is in the puffy clouds on the right in the photo). The one that is slightly lower looks more feminine, while the one on the right--the one I noticed first--is definitely more masculine. I wish I could do the arrow thing, too, because I see them so clearly!

Even before seeing the faces, those photos were breathtaking! How incredible to be able to look at that, RIGHT OUTSIDE YOUR DOOR! I am so happy that you can do that, and that you share it with us. Along with your words that ALWAYS say more to me than you'll ever know!

Incredible...

tj said...

...Hello Angel Deb, yes - I see it! I think... If you look directly in the middle of the photo then just a skunch to the right and is it located in the "sweeping" white part of the clouds on the right (facing the photo)? I'm not sure I'm seeing what you're seeing but I'd bet my life on it that I see a face. ;o) How cool is that?!

...My heart swelled when I saw it too... I love stuff like that! :o)

...Thanks for sharing this special moment Angel Family! Many blessings to you all...

Laura ~Peach~ said...

awesome photos and i see the face in the clouds its a BIG face and the photos are totally amazing!!!!!
HUGS Laura

Laura ~Peach~ said...

ok i went back and did a triple take and i see TWO faces in each picture... opne is a left side profile and just to the right of it is a more right front face the one more to the right i saw first.

how totally awesome!
:D

Alison said...

how beautiful...I didn't see it at first and then it just popped out at me..it made my soul smile!!

I have something for you!

Jennifer Chronicles (jenx67.com) said...

I see it!! I finally saw it when I enlarged it. The face is so happy! One of my favorite books of the Bible is Numbers. The clouds have great meaning for Moses and the Children of Israel. If G_d guides them using clouds, won't He do the same for you and me? I say, of course He will! I wonder who the happy face belongs to. It seems to have been meant for you. Blessings, Debra. jen

Debbie said...

I see it! What beautiful photos. They would be stunning even without the face - but that really is amazing.

Ness said...

The picture is beautiful.

Ansel is also my husband's favorite. Our two guys have a lot in common, especially their taste in wives.

Weak attempt at humor. My heart is crushed today. Michael left last night.

Thanks for the msg on my blog. It means so, so much. Love you.

Dayna said...

My kids and I spend a lot of time looking at clouds...I remember right after Jerry died, I spent hours looking at the sky. Every helicopter made me catch my breath.

I see the face, sometimes the gifts from above are so very obvious we forget to see them.

Lorrie Veasey said...

I've looked at life from both sides now
from win or lose and still somehow...
It's clouds' illusions I recall.

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

I always love looking at the clouds! I don't see the face, but maybe if I keep looking it will pop out to me! Lovely photos. Just seeing the majesty and beauty of those clouds is awe inspiring!

xoxo Happy day!


Melissa

Anonymous said...

Debra,
Thank you for this slice of heaven... paradise! And I see more than one face in the clouds :) thank you for being the face in the clouds for so many.

peace and blessings...
Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Beautiful ~ like you!

Kat Mortensen said...

It's definitely there! I clicked on the image to enlarge it and look at it more closely. That certainly is reaffirming - especially on what we call All Souls Day. Amazing!

Thanks for visiting. I hope you'll consider following my blog(s) in future.

Kat

MeMeMe said...

I see two faces! And the sky and the clouds, it's like the parting of the red sea :)

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

Wow! :o

And THANK YOU for your comment on my blog!!

Lisa Kaus said...

I saw it almost right away- Must be an angel watching over...Glad you stopped by...
Lisa

Sylvie Van Hulle said...

I see a face left in the white part of the clouds.
It's laughing :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails